Thursday, February 4, 2010

In which I whine about goldsellers...

Over the past several months, the goldseller activity on my server (and other servers too, if reports on JMTC forums are accurate) has flourished, in particular on the auction house. There is a series of level 1 mules selling popular crafted items. The level 1 mules change their names every 5-7 days, but their goods are clearly being acquired from established level 80 accounts.

Here is a partial list of what they regularly sell:

Enchanting scrolls (including rare ones like mongoose, crusader, agility to weapon and 2H weapon, etc)
Epic leg armors
Epic crusader orb crafted items
Popular meta gems
Cut epic gems
Scribe-crafted off-hands
Snowfall ink
Vellums

The gold sellers are typically online 12-16 hours per day and undercut within minutes of anything you post. Although I have not personally witnessed it, I have talked to another player who has seen them making trades with a level 80 death knight from a guild called CDR.

In addition to the auction house activity, they also spam trade constantly, looking to buy primordial saronite, uncut epic gems and other items purchasable with badges. I whispered a goldseller asking the price, and although it was considerably lower than the going AH rate, it was high enough to tempt someone who is too lazy to do dailies.   1900 for primordial saronite, which normally goes for 2300.  150 for cardinal rubies, which normally goes for 180, etc.

The frustrating thing is whenever they spam trade, I always say in trade "Please report spam Tjfkk. He's a goldseller"  and for some reason, instead of being annoyed at the spamming gold seller, I get people flaming me instead.  I usually get a "Cool story, brah", a "WTF does report spam do to them", and a "I'm not listening to someone named Vahjj".

Yea, my auction mule is named Vahjj.  So sue me.

No comments: